Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I sent 4 kids to detention.

I sent 4 kids to detention yesterday, but none of them showed up. I'm still deciding what to do about that. (Probably just double their detention.) I wrote up a little prompt for them to do during detention. They have to write a 2-page apology to me, tell me how they need to change, explain how a mature 14 year old behaves in class, and why they want to develop their English skills.

One girl was given detention because she said, "She's [expletive] scary" referring to me. I told that to 2 colleagues and they both said to consider it a compliment. (That they fear me.) I'm trying to come down hard on them so I don't have to deal with behavior issues for the next 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. :-( I'm sorry your kids are being bad...Aiaiai....how long do you have to teach this class? Good job on the assignment you gave them....also, yeah, make sure they know who's boss in the beginning so that they don't continue being like that throughout the quarter. Virtual kiss and hug....call me if you want to vent.

    ReplyDelete